Tuesday 24 June 2014

#

Percy Jackson and The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan


 Warning: Spoilers! (duh.)

But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster.

Oh, and guess what? The Oracle has predicted that not all of us wi
ll survive...


Image from Novel Infactuatus

 
Having finally gotten to the part of The Percy Jackson series I know literally nothing about, I can safely say, I am not disappointed, finally the format changed and it wasn't as innocent and predictable as it was before.

We BOOM! BANG! and CRASH! straght into the action with new heroes, lost friends and the introduction of The Hunters. I loved them I would join them in a heart beat, they are basically the Greek equivalent of angry feminists. Only they kill stuff and have super powers.

So within the first couple chapters, Annabeth is kidnapped or taken or just gone. This left me worrying that the book would be very male dominated, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but as a girl, I do enjoy seeing other girls kick ass. Luckily Thalia and The Hunters were there to bring in some intense 1990's style girl power.

Thalia for me is one of those characters that is severely underdeveloped, sure you can tell me shes rock-chick like and she asks like an ass sometimes, but I still don't know anything about her, I can't tell her motives or why she does what she does. She's promptly removed from the whole prophecy situation aswell with her joining the hunters, therefore she will never be 16, solving everyone's problem. If it was gonna be that easy, don't get me all hyped for her return, I want some battle, some inner conflict to be good, GIVE ME SOMETHING!

We are given Hades' children (though we don't know that yet) and one is quickly killed off (or is she?) and the other decides to run off and become evil because of this. But worse than that Percy decides not to tell anyone, I mean come on dude, he could be the kid in the prophecy in what world is keeping that a secret a good idea, seriously. Zoe is by far my favourite character in this book. She was sassy ad tormented, there were motives behind how she was and we were given more and more as the book went on. She's the characters development queen.

The beginnings of romance with Percy and Annabeth is terribly adorable, his book is lacks on Annabeth but the encounters they have are just the sweetest and the scene with Aphrodite when she basically suggests that she writes all the love stories of the world and she cant wait to make there's tragic and see how it all turns out. I just thought that was hilarious. She's all YOU ARE GONNA LOVE HER! and he's all NAH! and then he like panics when he thinks she's leaving. Also why is everyone in love with Luke. I mean is he really that fit, all the girls want this guy and he is like seriously cray cray with his daddy issues.


I did miss Percy's brother and his mum, they were just kind off pushed to the side to make way for the adventure but I'm not complaining. I think as Percy grows the books become much more adult and I am loving it. I can't wait to see how things turn out.

ANNABETH & PERCY?
I SHIP IT!

I also ship GROVER & PAN! They deserve each other!

Tell me what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

">