Saturday 18 June 2016

#

The Liebster Award

The lovely Zoë at My Bookish Wonderland has nominated me for The Liebster Award.

The whole idea of the award is to discover new blogs and already I have discovered three.

The rules for this award are as follows:

1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
5. Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.

This is really good news for me because I never know where to look for a new book blog. You can follow the chain, go see Zoe, see who she nominated, see who nominated her and so on and so forth until your email is simply brimming with fine blogs. So thank you Zoë!


These are the questions I was given.

1. What's your favourite genre?


This is a hard question because it changes. Right now I'm loving some YA and NA Fantasy, but I also love some Contemporary YA.  I like variety, I've never been took picky about Genre as long as it's good but YA does seem to cover my shelves more than anything else.

2. Do you listen to music while reading?

I couldn't personally pay attention if I was listening to music. I do when I write and some authors create playlists on Spotify that I listen to as a reread passages. Sarah J Maas is great for those, even in her newsletter she tells you which section goes with which music and I love seeing how the beats fall, but only in a reread.

3. Are you good at predicting plot twists?

I like to think I am, but I am also one of those terrible people who reads the last few pages before I start. Something about not knowing exactly where I'm headed freaks me out a little bit and I don't think I get too spoiled from the last couple pages. I like a good surprise as well so I don't often make predictions.

4. Do you want to write a book yourself one day?

Yes, yes I do. This year I have got a degree in Creative Writing and made way through two books I wish to eventually publish. One is a collection of feminist short stories and the other is the first in a fantasy series. I plan to have the first draft down by the end of this year and then leave it as a write the first draft of a contemporary that just screaming at me to be written. I'll get there eventually. I'm working on it.

5. Do you like going to libraries and borrow books there?

I think libraries are a great resource, my mother is a librarian and I borrowed Asking For It by Louise O'niell from the library today. I used it more when I was younger because I couldn't afford all the books I wanted to read. I think libraries are great, especially if you just want to try a book on for size.

6. What do you do when someone loans a book of yours and brings it back in bad condition?

I don't lend out my books and if I do, it's to someone who I know will take care of it. They ruin it, they buy me a knew one. The signed ones stay with me.

7. Who is your favourite character (doesn't have to be from a book)

I have to say Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass, Manon is a close second but I just relate to Celaena in such a crazy way. She is one of the only characters I know who loves herself but also hates her very being. She is so complex and I just love reading her. Seeing her strength gives me strength in return. She is as much in my heart as Harry Potter or Katniss.

8. How many books are on your TBR list?

I lost count about five years ago, now I consider my thoughts on buying books to be that of Alaska from Looking for Alaska. I always have something to read, way too much in fact - like a bookcase worth.

9. How many books would you like to read this year?

Every year I aim for 100 books. The past two years have been difficult with my degree and work so I have fall dismally short. I will still aim fro 100 but likely I'll get maybe 50 if my reading picks up now I'm finished with University. Next year 100 for sure!

10. When in the day do you read the most? 

I read the most at night before bed. I think most adults who struggle to find time can always put an hour away before bed, but a sunny afternoon in a garden can be pretty productive too. 

11. If you could meet any author who would it be and what would you ask him/her?

I have met a few authors before, Sarah J Maas, Maggie Stiefvater, Patrick Ness, but I always tend to be a little bit nervous and awkward. Sadly I have never met J K Rowling. I always wanted too and almost did but she didn't want anyone talking about Harry Potter or wearing merchandise or brining to books so it seemed a little pointless. I hope I do get to meet her one day and I'd ask about the museum in Edinburgh. If you've been there you'll know what I mean. Coincidence? I think not.

Now for 11 facts about me, I guess:

1. I have a deep seeded hatred for slugs and onions and dolphins.
2. I am allergic to wasps.
3. I always read the acknowledgments when I start a book, (Sometimes they are super romantic).
4. My favourite holiday is Halloween, because DUH! COSTUMES!
5. I am incredibly well travelled for someone my age.
6. I'm twenty two.
7. I own some impressive and beautiful notebooks I haven't written in...yet.
8. I hate the smell of lilies.
9. If I could live off doughnuts, I would.
10. I can remember quotes terrifyingly fast.
11. I judge a book by it's cover.

I nominate:

The Review Diaries
Boats Against The Current (Love your Sarah J Maas posts! Book blogger Cliche's all the way!)
YA Bookaholic
The Book Nerd In Me
Caterfee Reviews! Sup Girl!

These are all top notch blogs I personally love and I think you will too.

My 11 Questions to you guys are:

1. What sparked your passion for reading?
2. What is your favourite reading spot?
3. What is your favourite cover art ever?
4. How do you deal with your TBR shelf?
5. Best book you read in the past year? (No rereads)
6. Who is your favourite booktuber?
7. First book you ever read?
8. What is your go to reading snack?
9. Why is reading important to you?
10. Where would you be without reading?
11. What is your favourite thing about yourself? (Not book related but still important to know).

So answer the questions, tag me in the post and think of your 11 facts because you guys are next.

I hope you keep this chain moving and I look forward to reading your posts.

Happy Reading!



4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for nominating me! I'll be doing this tag today :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I can't wait to read it! :D

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Great post! And I already found some new blogs to follow as well:)

    ReplyDelete

">