Thursday 29 May 2014

#

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Warning: Spoilers (duh.)

Big thanks to Fiona of  http://caterfeereviews.blogspot.co.uk/ for the recommendation.


Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.

By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.



Having already experienced Rowell's other books, I had high hopes for her debut novel. 

 Up until around 100 pages I was very disappointed, it was very tedious and I hated Lincoln. He was boring and maybe that was the point, because the turn around was incredible. I continued with the book firstly out of entertainment from Beth and Jennifer's emails. They were so funny.
 Beth and Jennifer have this wonderful banter, they are both classy and smart and fun and I immediately fell in love with them.  Even though I didn't "see" them until later in the book I still followed there plot line aggressively. Jennifer and Mick's baby trouble was hilarious, then tragic then joyful and that was all before I actually met them.

That's the great thing about this novel is that I felt physically in Lincolns point of view. (Sidenote: FUCK SAM! bitch.)  Then once  Lincoln fell for Beth, it was like I forgot I was reading and I fell into it's pages. The romance was enchanting and made me feel fuzzy on the inside. Lincoln handled the situation with grace and elegance and really grew into himself and that was so wonderful to read, that even before they got together she had an effect. It was a really beautiful journey to read. 

Mostly I loved Beth. she was enchanting. Definitley a force of nature, but not a tornado like Chris suggested. I saw her like a ray of sunshine, breaking through the clouds on a particularly stormy day. I love that girl and I can see why Lincoln did. 

Honestly this is the kind of book that makes you believe in love again. When your feeling lost or your not exactly where you want to be in life, this book pulls you from the abyss, pats you down and sends you onward with renewed hope. This book was exactly what I needed and it will stay with me long after I read that final line 'there's no air in space.'

Various thoughts:
Honestly a must read. 
Blew my mind.
I haven't been this happy after a book in a longtime.
Can Lincoln be real?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

">