Wednesday 21 May 2014

#

Bookish Accessories.

If you love books as much as I do, you find yourself buying accessories that remind you of your favourite books. Just today I bought a lion head door knocker necklace because there is a lion head door knocker on the cover of Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor.

 
 This then got me thinking. I wonder what other accessories I've bought because they were about books. Now I'm not a big jewellery person. I have a few necklaces here and there and I was honestly surprised at the amount of book references were found in my jewellery box (its actually more a tub)







I have a few classic book accessories as in the official ones that come when books are adapted to movies, such as these Divergent bands which I got at PULP in the Manchester Arndale for £5.99 (They're were more but I lost them)




Then there's the more symbolic ones with symbols from the book all coming together to hint at the story line. The yellow dandelion to symbolise Peeta, the pearl that he gave Katniss in the arena. Hazel Grace's infinity references. The possibilities are endless.























Then I have the aggressive Book Nerd badges. These were 99p each from Waterstones and they are so good for declaring your undying love for books. Also nothing better than seeing someone else with a similar badge.

Generally I find that your outfit is kind of your identity. It could be the show the real you or to hide it, but either way what you wear out in the world is saying something about you.

I don't know what the way I dress says about me but I do hope that it says that I am someone who cares about books. I care about words and I am proud of that. I hope it isn't obnoxiously but more passionately. And I hope that maybe as  I'm wearing my weird little accessories that people recognise them and start a book related conversation, because That would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

">