Tuesday 12 August 2014

#

Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas!


ARC ALERT!
Warning: Spoilers! (duh.) seriously like so many spoilers!

 Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?



I mean look at it, it's beautiful. I was fortunate enough to get an ARC of Heir of Fire and my god is it incredible, like seriously it's gonna blow you away. Sarah J Maas is the queen of shock endings and characters development.

We find Celaena far away from Rifthold in the land of her ancestors and family. To say that she is struggling with the events of the last book is a complete understatement. It was really hard to read her being so lost and without hope. She had literally given up on everything and it was a very hard thing to read about.

The story gets split into about three/four parts. We follow Celaena as she is basically kidnapped by her evil Aunt and forced to learn to control her Fae powers (which gives such an awesome ending) We follow Chaol as he joins the rebel forces and Dorian as he falls in love again. But most amazingly we follow Manon Blackbeak as she learns to rides Wyverns and serve the king.

Let me just say it Manon Blackbeak was nothing like I expected from excerpt we were given a few months ago, her entire narrative was heartwarming and very How To Train Your Dragon. But I liked her, which Celaena being broken and not herself for the first half of the book, Maas knew we needed that badass character who takes no prisoners and is arrogant as hell. And not only did Manon do that, she also didn't just become a carbon copy of Celaena. We really learn alot about the Witches and it's really written ingeniously because I feel like anything even slightly mentioned in the previous books is attended to in other books. Nothing is throwaway information and that's incredible.

Chaol meets Aedion, Princess Aelin's (Celaena) cousin and apparent traitor as he is a general to the King of Adarlan. Of course this all turns out to be fake and the two begin working together for the rebels. I still adore Chaol and I want him and Celaena together so bad, like I just loved them. But we start to get a lot of their couple flaws in this book and it's heartbreaking to understand that Chaol is actually kind of scared of Celaena. He's scared of her power and the blood lust that comes from her Fae side and he can't pick and choose what parts of her to love. He joins the rebels and yet not until the end does he finally draw a line of where his allegiance lies. He spends so much time bouncing between teams, working for the king, protecting Dorian and yet plotting for Aelin. As they say you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything and Chaol finally makes his choice in this book.

I will admit I was worried that Chaol would be forgotten by Celaena when we met Rowan, they definitely had a connection and there were moments where I thought something might happen but I'm glad it didn't. Celaena is clearly not ready for anything like that, I mean if something had happened it would've felt like the entire series was about finding her a lover. We also finally get the choice of what she plans to do about who she is and when she uttered the phrase "Then we will rattle the stars."I was basically happy dancing in bed. PRINCESS AELIN IS ALIVE!

Now to Dorian, I really wasn't that invested in his story, he basically dated this healer who turned out to be a spy and got beheaded. I don't know why I just wasn't sold on her, she was meek and kind of boring. I couldn't see what he was seeing in her. It felt like he loved her because he wanted to. I don't know maybe she was exactly what he needed at the time. When the king finds out about his power, a very interesting thing happened, he put a mind control magic collar on him and then it ended, like the next book is gonna be so awesome.



I don't know what more I can say, how much more I can plug this book more. This entire series is one for the ages. It can capture every part of you until you can't think of anything else. The book hangover from this is gonna be real bad. READ THIS SERIES! DEVOUR THESE BOOKS! DO IT NOW!

If I could give it 100 stars I would!



No comments:

Post a Comment

">