Tuesday 26 August 2014

#

Meeting Sarah J Maas!

Warning: Spoilers! (duh.)

So a week ago at the very last minute I was jet set to Leeds with the delightful Fee for a Sarah J Maas signing (shocking that I wanted to go right!? SHOCKER!) I had previously been set to go to the Newcastle one but after irresponsibly quitting my job with no back up I could no longer go. So you can guess my joy when my mother surprised me with money to go! HOLLA AT CHA MAMA!


The signing started at 12:30 and as an incredibly worrisome person I made sure we arrived at Leeds for 10am, this probably seemed ridiculous and I had planned to get food and attend to natures call before lining up but as we found the Waterstones the line was already gigantic. So I had to sit for 2 and a half hours with my bladder about to burst, stomach making whale sounds and my tired, hungry mind annoying the other people lining up, but it was so worth it.

3 games of scrabble, two awkward conversations with strangers and 1 entertaining "wee wee" dance. The line started to move, we were still in the line for a good half our before we made it to Miss Maas and well...

...her face says it all!

My first thought was MY GOD SHE'S SO PRETTY! I saw her not only talking to Fee to be polite as she signed her books but genuinely having a chat with her and writing personalised messages. I haven't been to many signings but it was clear this isn't the norm.

Then it was my turn and to say I was at creeper level 100 would be an understatement. First of all I just stared at her, like I'd been searching my whole life for the Messiah and there she was. Luckily for me, Fee chimed in with the little 'she loves you' so it made my creeper level lower, or possibly higher. I'm never sure what to say in those situations but Miss Maas was polite and sweet and honestly tried to illicit conversation from me. I'm just a blank minded robot at the point where she does this.

I won't pretend I have learnt dome lesson about signings or how to handle it for next time, I did the exact same thing at Maggie Stiefvater so maybe we all have a signing type, mine just happens to be the creeper and Fee is the charmer. If your lucky you should find one, they make you seem a hell of a lot less weird.

That one piece of hair is gonna drive me insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

">