Monday 5 January 2015

#

New Year! New TBR!

Warning: Spoilers! (duh.)

New Year, New TBR! That's right. With oncoming deadlines I am both in need of a break from reading for that oh so good extra study time! and mass amounts of reading,to keep my hair from falling out. Obviously I prioritised the latter. With my reading being somewhat sketchy this past month with Christmas Shenanigans and my very important sleeping and eating cake routine, I am very excited to get back on with it. So let's crack on!


Assuming it arrives and being super excited about it. I will be reading The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon. Sequel to The Bone Season, I am sure it will be delightful. I pre-ordered it approximately 8 billion years ago and it is due to arrive the 27th of this month. Fingers Crossed!

Paige Mahoney has escaped the brutal penal colony of Sheol I, but her problems have only just begun: many of the fugitives are still missing and she is the most wanted person in London. As Scion turns its all-seeing eye on Paige, the mime-lords and mime-queens of the city’s gangs are invited to a rare meeting of the Unnatural Assembly. Jaxon Hall and his Seven Seals prepare to take center stage, but there are bitter fault lines running through the clairvoyant community and dark secrets around every corner. Then the Rephaim begin crawling out from the shadows. But where is Warden? Paige must keep moving, from Seven Dials to Grub Street to the secret catacombs of Camden, until the fate of the underworld can be decided. Will Paige know who to trust? The hunt for the dreamwalker is on

I will also be finishing off Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. The book in which I horribly abandoned over Christmas. These books always take me about 100 pages to get into it so I withold all judgement until then, but I'm sure it will be worth the effort.

There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up. Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.
The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.
Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.




Writer of the Matched trilogy Ally Condie, has returned with her one off book, Atlantia. I like water, I like Atlantis, I like Ally Condie.  This is gonna rock! (Plus, I already read the first chapter.)

For as long as she can remember, Rio has dreamt of the sand and sky Above—of life beyond her underwater city of Atlantia. But in a single moment, all her plans for the future are thwarted when her twin sister, Bay, makes an unexpected decision, stranding Rio Below. Alone, ripped away from the last person who knew Rio’s true self—and the powerful siren voice she has long hidden—she has nothing left to lose. Guided by a dangerous and unlikely mentor, Rio formulates a plan that leads to increasingly treacherous questions about her mother’s death, her own destiny, and the complex system constructed to govern the divide between land and sea. Her life and her city depend on Rio to listen to the voices of the past and to speak long-hidden truths.



I am aware my TBR is a little short this month but with deadlines, you can't be too careful. My reading challenge for the year is a measly 60 as I'll be hard at work and university until April. But I'm sure I'll crack this summer wide open and so a reading marathon type thing. 


I've also made a resolution this year to post ATLEAST once, every week. I was a bit inconsistent last year, disappearing for a fortnight and re-emerging with dozens of posts. This is the year of consistency. Wow, that's sound bland - but it won't be. 


Happy Reading!


P.S It's my 21st birthday on the 17th of this month! EXCITES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

">