Friday 23 January 2015

#

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

Warning: Spoilers! (duh.)


There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel







I should probably mention that I did not finish this book. I wanted to, my god, did I want to. I'm used to Stiefvater's style and honestly it takes around 100 pages to get into it. Though after 150 pages I just could not get into it and that really stressed me out. It's not an easy read and not good for when you have reader's block. I will finish this eventually but right now I just cannot get in the right mind set.

Plotwise, the story got going a lot quicker than previous books. There was no build up it just sort of rolls right on from the previous one, but for the life of me could I remember anything that happened. I feel as if this series is washed up for me. It promised a kiss that would kill and four books later it hasn't fulfilled its promise. It is irritating. So irritating. I'm sick of them wandering around looking for Glendower, I am sick of it. I didn't begin this series thinking about Welsh frickin' gods. It was sold as a starcrossed lovers story (and obviously I love that, I love seeing how they unfold) but enough is enough.

Every page I'm just like, get to it Stiefvater, make with the death
smoochies!

Maybe I'm being too harsh. The series has many stellar attributes, one being Blue herself. She's badass and cool with a slight feminist agenda. I just love her, I love her so much but apart from Gansey and Ronan. None of the other characters stick in my mind. There's maybe a ghost guy and is there another one? I just cant tell, there's too many people in this Raven Boys gang!

I just can't get into it anymore. I felt this series promised something that it hasn't given and that is infuriating.

This was a way more negative review than I'd intended. My bad.

Happy Reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

">