Thursday 6 November 2014

#

The Tailor and The Little Knife by Leigh Bardugo


Warning: Spoilers! (duh.)




New scene from Shadow and Bone told from Genya's point of view.


This was by far my least favourite of Bardugo's short stories. It's a scene from Shadow and Bone following Genya. The problem is, I didn't really need to see any of it because I already knew everything and seeing it, in no way affected the way I read the books. It was kind of pointless and I didn't feel excited or really anything when I was done. I just kind of shrugged and cracked on. 


In this third Ravkan folk tale from Leigh Bardugo, a beautiful girl finds that what her father wants for her and what she wants for herself are two different things. 

It is a companion story to the third book of the Grisha Trilogy, Ruin and Rising, and the stories “The Witch of Duva” and “The Too-Clever Fox.”

I think this folk tale was my favourite from the three. I couldn't predict how this would end and it wasn't kind of tragic or sad at the end. The girl was free and that made me really happy. These stories are so charming and very well structured. 

The covers for these three stories are also absolutely stunning, it's really hard not to love them just because they are so beautiful. I don't think a collection of short stories has deserved to be published in paperback rather than Ebook since The Assassin's Blade. I really hope they publish it as such rather than online. 

Absolutely delightful. 
Happy Reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

">